We look forward to serving you.
Residents can choose from either 30-32 gallon or 40-45 gallon size cans (provided by the customer) or a 90 gal tote (provided by Douglas Disposal). Totes not available in California.
Because of safety concerns, DDI does not service any container larger than a 45 gal except our own 90 gal tote, which is emptied by hydraulics.
Residential service is once a week. Residential service is billed quarterly in advance.
Curbside recycling is not available at this time, however, recyclable materials can be taken to free drop off locations throughout the county.
We provide per-can or tote collection of normal household refuse (municipal solid waste) and yard waste, excluding:
- Hazardous waste (see Household Hazardous Waste)
- NOTE: Some of the above items may be picked up at curbside for additional fees contact our office for more information (775) 782-5713.
Refuse is required to be:
- Securely contained in a sealed or lidded container
DDI proudly participates in an active recycling program. All recyclables are processed at our Transfer Station Facility.
Protect our natural resources. Dispose of hazardous waste safely and effectively.
Photo by: Jennifer Ward, Customer Service Representative
- Cans in excess of 45 gallons will NOT be serviced unless they are Douglas Disposal 90 gallon totes.
- Cans must be placed at roadside (nearest county road) by 5:00 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day. Cans must be placed within 3 ft. of the road's edge.
- Place tote at least 4 ft away from cars or other objects along drivable edge of the street.
- Face front of tote towards road. Please DO NOT use bungee cords or rocks on lids.
- Please seal all garbage in bags to keep debris from flying out when tote is dumped.
- Your individual pickup time may vary greatly depending on the season, amount of refuse being picked up, weather conditions and personnel and equipment issues.
- Every effort is made to run the collection routes as consistently as possible; however, extenuating circumstances may occur.
- When pickups are missed due to unsafe conditions, you will be entitled to double your normal amount of service on your next regularly scheduled pickup day.
- If you are missed on your pickup day, be sure to contact the office within 24 hours to arrange for double to be taken on the next scheduled pickup day.
- If you know in advance that you will not need service for at least four pickups, contact the office in advance to arrange for the account to be suspended.
- DRIVERS WORK ALL HOLIDAYS.
- Extra service is on a prepaid basis only. Anything over a level can or tote is considered extra and must have a prepaid voucher attached to it in order to be picked up curbside on your regular pick up day.
- Free clean-up weeks are scheduled in May and October; contact the office for the dates and specifics.
- Billing is done quarterly in advance. Payment is due and payable upon receipt. If payment is not received within 45 days of the billing date, service will be interrupted until payment is received. If payment is not received within 90 days of the billing date, service will be terminated.
- Moving??? It is the customer's responsibility to contact the office if service is to be terminated.
- The customer is responsible to schedule the return of the 90 gal tote provided by DDI. A replacement fee will be charged for totes not recovered upon termination of the service or if destroyed beyond repair.
- Animals are a part of what makes this community so attractive. Unfortunately, the refuse that people generate is attractive to animals. Collection drivers will make every effort to clean up debris scattered by animals, within reason, and return the cans in serviceable order.
- Minor to severe damage may be caused to cans by persistent animals such as bears. For more information on animal resistant enclosures and/or containers, please contact us at (775) 782-6029.
- If you are going to try animal deterrents, please do not use liquid bleach or other caustic products. These products may cause eye and skin injury. Further information on co-existing with wildlife may be found on our resources page.
Located on Dump Rd off of Pinenut Rd.
Open Tuesday - Sunday 9am to 5pm.
Closed Mondays and major holidays.
(775) 782-5713, Ext. 432